Saturday 5 March 2011

In My Mailbox 9


In My Mailbox is weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

My ninth IMM post - here we go.

Books I received this week.

In The Post:

Deadly Heat - Cynthia Eden
Deadly Lies - Cynthia Eden
I read the first book in the Deadly series a few weeks ago, it was pretty good so I decided to get the other two. You can read my review of Deadly Fear here.

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost
Read it. Loved it. Reviewed it here.

Falling Under - Gwen Heyes
Love the cover, love the synopsis. Looking forward to reading it.

Infinity - Sherrilyn Kenyon
I saw this one ages ago but didn't buy it now the second book in the series is coming out soon so I though it was time to get it.

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
City of Glass - Cassandra Clare
As you probably all know the fourth book in the Mortal Instruments series comes out next month, I want to get it and read it along with everyone else. However I have not read the first three, so I decided to join the MI re-read challenge (although it would just be a read challenge for me) which would give me that added incentive to read them all before the end of the month. I bought City of Bones (which I am reading right now) a few years ago so I just had to buy the other two.

Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales - Tamora Pierce
Oh Tamora Pierce how I love your books. When will the final book in the Beka Copper series be out? This will have to tide me over until then, I will have to read it very slowly.

Raising Demons - Rachel Hawkins
AKA Demonglass to all you non-UK readers. It really needs no explanation

Playing Hurt - Holly Schindler
Loved her first novel A Blue So Dark and her second one sounds even better.

My Mum loves the Daisy Dalrymple novels so I got these for her.

At The Shops:

The Book Of Tomorrow - Cecelia Ahern
The Two Pearls of Wisdom - Alison Goodman
I have been working so much lately that haven't actually been out shopping at all this year. But I got out of work early on Monday and took a quick trip into town and of course I couldn't come home without a couple of books.

For Review:

Dark Mirror - M.J. Putney
Courtesy of Sarah Goldstein at St. Martin's Press.
My very first in real life review book. The lovely Sarah emailed me a few weeks back asking if I would like to review this book of course I said yes and here it is. Apart from requesting on netgalley I don't actively ask for review books - not really my style - but of course if someone asks I will not say no.

Kindle:

Darcy's Voyage (Pride & Prejudice Continues) - Kara Louise
I love Pride and Prejudice stories, whether they be alternatives or continuations or modern re-tellings - I will read them all. This was free on amazon this week so I thought why not.

Netgalley:

Long Gone - Alafair Burke
To be fair I requested this before my self-imposed netgalley ban.

Spell Bound - Kelley Armstrong

I know I have a netgalley ban going on but you have to understand it's Kelley Armstrong - one of my all time favourite authors!!! I couldn't resist. And to be honest I didn't think my request would actually be accepted as I am a fairly new blogger and I still get turned down for other books. I got so excited when I got the email though - I can't wait to read it.

Won:

The Threads pack at The Beaucoup Review.
Thanks Ria!

Which includes:

Threads by Sophia Bennett, black nail varnish, two book plates and a very cute card Ria wrote to me.



Oh dear I appear to have gone a bit crazy with the book buying lately - it's my one vice I swear.
That's all for now.

38 comments:

  1. You got a lot of great books, Sally! I just loooved Demonglass/Raising Demons and hope you do as well.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books you got this week. Falling Under looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mortal Instruments series is one of my favorites .. I hope you're enjoying City of Bones so far ;) !!
    Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got s lot of great books this week! I love The Mortal Interments series! I really want to read Dark Mirror. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection! I have just signed up to netgalley, far too excited about this. I hope some of my requests get approved.
    MI series is fantastic-hope you enjoy it!
    and I've just ordered Hex Hall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, SO many gread reads this week - very jealous! I also have a copy of Falling Under that I cannot wait to get started on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul this week! I really liked Dark Mirror so I can't wait to see what you think of it. I almost bought Falling Under today but opted instead for another book. I'll get it eventually though. Looks like you have a lot of great reading ahead of you! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great mailbox! I hope you adore The Mortal Instrument series as much as I do! I can't wait to read Falling Under and Dark Mirror!!!
    I hope your copy of Desires of the Dead come in soon!! I'm loving The Body Finder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did good! Great stuff there. I have several of these on my TBR. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a lot of books!! And I love your prize pack! By the way, I gave you the Seven Fact award on my blog! Hope you accept awards :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you made quite a haul this week, lots of great books! I've read one of Alafair Burke's books and thought it was pretty good. I've read lots of her father's (James Lee Burke)books. He writes one of my favorite mystery series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got a lot of books this week! I hear that Playing Hurt and The Book of Tomorrow are really good (: Hope you enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for commenting (:

    Wow, you got lots of great books! I really want to read Holly Schindler's books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice week, Sally! And wow, Spell Bound is on Netgalley?!? Haven't read Waking the Witch yet, so I'll pass this time ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, just looking at that picture... Impressive array of books!

    I love P&P-based books. Darcy's Voyage sounds incredible!

    Thanks for stopping by my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I'm totally jealous of your picks! I found CITY OF GLASS on super sale a few weeks ago, but haven't read CITY OF ASHES so I can't start it yet. THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE rocked and I hope you enjoy it!

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my mailbox and nice blog. LHC is one of my favorite books. If it's on ur TBR list I suggest readinging it next5. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such nice books! I loved Tortall and Other Lands. There is an excerpt in the back for the next Beka Cooper book too.

    Infinity was OK. It is enriched by reading her adult series.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great books! I really like the MI books and I hope you enjoy them. I liked Dark Mirror as well and am curious to see what you think of it. I have a copy of the Tortall stories on its way to me, but it hasn't arrived yet and I'm impatient for it! Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good haul this week Sally!!

    I've read one of CE's paranormal books, it was good.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really excited about Falling Under, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What an awesome mailbox! Soo many there I'd love and a few I actually ordered from Amazon earlier today - Dark Mirror and Raising Demons. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that an awesome loot! The Mortal Instrument series is my favorite - hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Book of Tomorrow and Infinity are on my list now! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WHAT! Spellbound is available at NetGalley? Sweet, I'm off to request it. Great mailbox and thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!

    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woo! Mortal Instruments! Hope you love them as much as the rest of us. Can't wait to read Raising Demons. Don't know why they need to change the name though. So silly. And I'm not really a fan of that cover compared to Hex Hall's cover (UK).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab reads! I really want to read Infinity and the Cassandra Clare books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've yet to read Tamora Pierce, but I keep hearing I must. I too loved This Side of the Grave!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great books and such this week. So many sound great. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW you've got some really great books there! Kelley Armstrong rocks! and you will definitely love Cassandra Clare books! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whew some awesome ones! I adore Cynthia Eden and I loved all her Deadly books...hope you like the last 2 :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow - what an awesome mailbox post this week! Enjoy all your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's quite a number of series books you're reading. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You got a lot of books, that's so awesome! And thank you for dropping by my blog, I really hope I'd enjoy reading The Angel's Game I'm so intrigued by its plot! And yes, I loved My Name is Memory and if you're interested, here's my review of that book.

    Have a great week!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tamora Pierce is one of those authors that I've always heard good things about, but never read. I think I'll need to get on that. Looks like you're in for a good few weeks of reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You had a great week!! I can;t stop buying books either!

    New follower!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't see Spellbound on Netgalley though....:( Anyway, enjoy reading and you sure got a nice stack of books there!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi! you had a great week! I try to stay out of the book stores as I can't walk out without at least five books :). What Mortal Instrument reread group are you referring to? I still have to read Clockwork Angel before it the fourth book comes out. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete