Tuesday 15 March 2011

Teaser Tuesday 10


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading
Open it up to a random page
Share two Teaser sentences
Give the name and author of said book
And remember No Spoilers!

I just finished Clarity last night (review coming soon) and have moved on to The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to be finally reading this book. I feel like I have been waiting for it for forever. I love Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road and Saving Francesca are two of my all time favourite books. If you haven't read them I highly recommend that you do.

"After everyone's eaten and the men are outside playing cards in the tiny courtyard, Abe's mother dangles a necklace over Gerorgie's belly to see if it's a boy or a girl. As she sits surrounded by the women and her goddaughters, who watch with the widest of eyes, she is suddenly overcome with emotion."

Page 90.

Thomas Mackee wants oblivion. Wants to forget parents who leave and friends he used to care about and a string of one-night stands, and favourite uncles being blown to smithereens on their way to work on the other side of the world.

But when his flatmates turn him out of the house, Tom moves in with his single, pregnant aunt, Georgie. And starts working at the Union pub with his former friends. And winds up living with his grieving father again. And remembers how he abandoned Tara Finke two years ago, after his uncle's death.

And in a year when everything's broken, Tom realises that his family and friends need him to help put the pieces back together as much as he needs them.

That's all for now.

31 comments:

  1. Very nice teaser...I really like it^^ and the cover is great =)
    Thx for sharing.

    here's my teaser: http://book-crazed.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, like your teasers.

    Stopping by from TT. Here's ours if you get a chance to visit: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome!!! Great teaser!

    http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-315.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! thank you for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for visiting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out this book, looks intriguing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new follower now. :)

    Amanda
    http://lettersinsideout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good teaser; I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great teaser. I haven't read any of these books before. You mentioned a few other titles is this a series?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saving Francessca takes place 5 years before The Piper's Son. It involves some of the same characters but it's not really a series. You don't have to have read Saving Francessca to understand The Piper's Son.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! It sounds like an interesting book. I remember my mother dangling a necklace to see if the baby was a boy or girl. She was usually right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the teaser! Just something lovely about it. =)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! =)
    Redd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visitng my blog! Oh, I can't wait to read "Clarity"...looking forward to your review. I've haven't heard of "The Piper's Son" but it sounds interesing. Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to read this book! And the others she's written! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a new follower :)

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, sounds interesting! I hope you're enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog (: Steam and Sorcery is pretty good so far a little slow at the beginning. Let me know what you think. Following now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous! You got read to read Clarity already. I have to wait until tomorrow to get it. The Piper's Son sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun reading Clarity! I'm super excited to read it. Great teaser! I haven't read anything by this author before but based on the good things I've heard, that's a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like where this teaser is going. :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intriguing teaser. I wonder why the emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Teaser, Piper Son is such a good book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't read anything by Melina Marchetta though I have heard how fantastic her books are. I am hoping to read Jellicoe Road this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the book cover. Nice teaser ^_^

    Thanks for dropping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for commenting on my TT! I'm glad that Demonglass is on your TBR and that my teaser made you more excited to read it!

    I actually haven't read Melina Marchetta before (*shame*), but I've heard of the amazingness that is Jellicoe Road and plan to do so someday...my TBR is so big. *sighs* I love that this teaser really gives you a feel for Marchetta's writing style and a sample of what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very interesting teaser to tickle curiosity!

    Thanks for telling me about "The Peach Keeper". I'll check into that book soon.

    Happy Reading!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow great teaser. Totally want to read this now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice Teaser! I'm reading the same author's other book, Saving Francesca. Loving it! and I should definitely try and find myself a copy of The Piper's Son. Love the cover! :D and New Follower btw!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey thanks for commenting earlier! :) I enjoyed reading your teaser. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow. Looks like this one is a rollercoaster of a story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really, really want to read this story now, more so than before! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by the blog!

    Happy blogging and enjoy your reading!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete