Wednesday 16 March 2011

Waiting On Wednesday 10

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that highlights an upcoming book release that we are eagerly anticipating.



This week I have chosen Hourglass by Myra McEntire. Released on 24th May 2011.

One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?



What's not to love - awesome cover, fantastic description. Everytime I see this book out in the blogosphere I want it a little bit more. Can't wait!

That's all for now.

34 comments:

  1. Great pick! I have this on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy this one just for the covers, but it also sound like a great read. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book too! It's sounds like such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover really pulls you in! Sounds like there's a lot going on in this one. I guess her hair is the result of the boy's electricity in the room...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book! It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great story to go with a great cover!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dynamic cover! It sounds like a great book, I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Thank you for sharing and for visiting my blog. :)

    Happy reading!
    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this one looks awesome! Adding it to my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard so many great things about this one! It is on my list as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one's going on my list...sounds good! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Lori @ Romancing the Darkside

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pick! I can't wait for this one, either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pick....I featured this book as my WOW a couple of weeks ago!!!

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is on my TBR list. I've heard really good things about it. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Mrs. Boswell's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this book around a lot and I love the cover but I've finally read the description and have to say this one is going on the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree- this one sounds incredible; plus, the cover is very eye-catching. It's definitely on my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, nice choice! I honestly can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been lusting over this one for a while! Plus, the cover is so cool :)

    New follower :) Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! Looks like a really really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick hon! I am really looking forward to this one to come out! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree! Pretty cover and it sounds good :). Its on my TBR ^_^

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This seems interesting...love the cover especially
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the cover for this one. Definitely looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seen this one around lately! It has a very interesting cover!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great choice! I really really want to read this one too, I absolutly love the cover and I cannot wait.
    Thank you for sharing.

    My WOW:
    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome pick, this one is on my TBR pile!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This looks like a great read too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've got this one on my list as well. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I SO want this book!! I've been dying to get my hands on a copy and it's still not released *sigh* May, May.... patience, Brodie. Awesome pick! The cover is too cool and it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i have this on my wishlist too! it sounds very interesting. AND i love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm looking forward to Hourglass too. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG i really wanna read this one :) heard about it so much, can't wait to get my hands on it! love the cover as well. and Thanks for dropping by my blog! New Follower btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic choice! I can't wait to read this one, either!

    ReplyDelete