Tuesday 1 March 2011

Teaser Tuesday 8


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading
Open it up to a random page
Share two Teaser sentences
Give the name and author of said book
And remember No Spoilers!


I am currently reading Always A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. I was planning on having finished this by now but I can only read it on my laptop as it is a netgalley book so I am a little bit behind.

"Darkness pours through the hallway of Grand Central Station, a darkness alleviated only by the occasional flash of lightning and by the four-faced clock, which is glowing with a cold white fire. Before my eyes, the clock begins to ripple and swell to five times it's normal size."

Page 23.


Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.

Always A Witch is not released until 1st August so look for my review then.


That's all for now.

23 comments:

  1. The cover looks gorgeous !! I've heard that Once a Witch was pretty great .. I still have to buy it though !! Can't wait to know what you think of this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover. I thought about requesting this one as well, but then figured that I didn't want to read it on my laptop. It's so much easier just reading a paperback copy. And great teaser, btw.

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, would love to find out why the clock is doing that. Guess I will have to watch out for it later in the year.

    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I've been wanting to read this...I love the teaser! Beautiful language...so visual.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I got this one from NetGalley as well, but I haven't started reading it. I loved the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. NetGalley is hard, if it's not a physical book I don't think I want to read it not to mention it's bad for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Always a Witch! Such a great book. I hope you enjoy it! Nice teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a little too much like my illness induced dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Darkness pours through..."
    I LOVE that!

    PS. Good to know you are a Mortal Instruments fan :) So excited for City of Fallen Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I have this one on my Kindle from NetGalley but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is awesome, looks good =] Haven't read Once A Witch yet, but they both sound pretty good =] I'm always behind when I read something on my computer, it takes me ages... Happy reading though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful teaser! I'm following you now! I love your blog. :) Check out my teaser at:
    http://romanticscholar.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cover is so gorgeous!! love the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser - I'm tempted by this lovely cover but I'm already behind on two netgalley books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds intriguing--I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover art here! Haven't read the first one yet but thinking I might!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover, great teaser too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice teaser! Very descriptive. I can envision it perfectly. I haven't read the first book, but both are on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the teaser! :) I want this book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to read this book!!! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think you'll love Cat & Bones!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday!!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've got this one in my TBR pile and can't wait to get started. I loved the first novel! Thanks for sharing the great teaser with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds a little creepy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really liked the fist one...this cover is way better.

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete