Thursday 31 March 2011

Booking Through Thursday 11


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme which asks a bookish question which you have to answer. This weeks question is:

If you’re like me, you grew up reading everything under the sun, like the cereal boxes while you ate your breakfast, the newspapers held by strangers on the subway, the tabloid headlines at the grocery store.
What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever read? (You know, something NOT a book, magazine, short story, poem or article.)

I'm not all that fussy - if it's got words on it I'll read it. Although I usually have a book with me so it's not really necessary for me to read lots of crazy stuff. I do however have a slight obsession with reading the backs of containers - cleaning products, beauty products, food products, etc. I love to know what's in things and I love to read the big long chemical words out loud just to figure out how they are pronounced. I also love instruction manuals. My family usually rely on me to figure out how things work and how to set things up as I am the only one who will read the manuals. Oh another thing I like to do is read the labels on clothes and towels - don't ask me why I don't really care about how to wash them I just like reading them. Oh another one - receipts, I like to read receipts again I don't know why I just do. OK so apparently I do read lots of crazy stuff! I have never been able to not read so I really can't help myself.

That's all for now.

14 comments:

  1. I actually had to think about this question. Check out my answer for this weeks Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!I read EVERYTHING! At breakfast, my family always gives out to me for taking a long time because I read the back of the cereal boxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much names mostly! But it is funny to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like reading directions on beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally, I had to smile at your comment on my post (Burma Shave signs). They were small signs along the side of the road advertising Burma Shave (shaving cream). Five signs, then a sixth saying: Burma Shave. Even people your own age in the USA wouldn't have known/seen these signs -- they were around from 1925 to 1963. More details:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma-Shave

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this week's question was odd and hard. But it seems you were able to come up with very good answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read receipts.
    i don't know why I find them so amusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty products is a good one. Stop and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should read the labels on clothes BEFORE I buy them! I always end up getting things that need special care or dry cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God I love reading food ingredients...and the back of shampoo bottles...You just can't bring a book into the shower :P

    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. woops...wrong link...lol...I put yours!

    This is mine :)

    http://readawaytheday.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a hard time coming up with an answer. I always have a book with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer! (: I'm the same way. I love to read anything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading is such and addiction lol

    thanks for stopping by

    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete