Sunday 27 March 2011

In My Mailbox 12


In My Mailbox is weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

My twelfth IMM post - here we go.

Books I received this week.


In The Post:

Call Me Irresistible - Susan Elizabeth Phillips
I love SEP's books although I've only read a few, I'm hoping to get through a few more soon.


The Iron Thorn - Caitlin Kittredge
After wanting it for a month and being insanely jealous of everyone else getting it in their mailbox last week I caved and bought it.


Zen and Xander Undone - Amy Kathleen Ryan
I love the sound of this one, it's about two sisters who are struggling to cope after their Mother has died. Hoping to read this one in the coming week.

Soul Love - Lynda Waterhouse
I saw this one on So Many Books, So Little Time - it sounded interesting so I got it.

The White Queen - Philippa Gregory
I got this for a friend.

Netgalley:


68 Knots - Michael Robert Evans

The Girl in the Steel Corset - Kady Cross

Bite Me, Try Me, Fang Me - Parker Blue

The whole trilogy - how awesome is that!

Where She Went - Gayle Forman OMG I loved it soooooo much, it made me cry - lately I have been loving books that make me cry. It came up on netgalley a couple of days ago I really really tried not to get it because I have already pre-ordered it so I wanted to wait to read it. I am ashamed to say I couldn't do it I had to have it. So I requested it, got it and read it on Friday afternoon. Sooooo good. As soon as my real life copy comes I am going to re-read it.

Kindle:

The Shy Duchess - Amanda McCabe

The Trouble With Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks) - Lacey Weatherford

The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor - Diane Gaston, Deb Marlowe, Amanda McCabe

My Soul to Lose - Rachel Vincent

'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy - Leslie Langtry

Ghost-in-Law Boxset - Jana DeLeon

I went a little crazy with my kindle purchases this week no idea why. I have a big thing for those screwball mystery romances so I got a bunch of those, can't wait to get started on them.

Simon & Schuster Galley Grab:

I saw an add on the Shelf-Awareness newsletter to get an e-arc of Between Here and Forever I clicked the link and it sent me to the S&S Galley Grab I signed up not really thinking much of it but I got an email saying I had been accepted. YAY! So I immediately downloaded and read Between Here and Forever which I loved and a whole bunch of others. I had a seriously good book week.

Between Here and Forever - Elizabeth Scott

Red Glove - Holly Black

Stay - Deb Caletti

Invincible Summer - Hannah Moskowitz

Sixteenth Summer - Michelle Dalton

The Summer of Firsts and Lasts - Terra Elan McVoy

Wrapped - Jennifer Bradbury

That's all for now.

34 comments:

  1. I loved Stay by Deb Calleti and I'm dying to read Where She Went and The Iron Thorn!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG !! Great IMM !! I really want to read The Iron Thorn .. I look forward to read your review in order to know if it's worth it .. Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox for you this week. I never knew netgalley had The Girl in the Steel Corset so I just requested it.
    By any chance, did Netgalley send it directly to your Kindle. I know they've been having problems but not sure if they have been resolved.


    Enjoy your reads.

    Here is my IMM:
    http://www.lovlivlifereviews.com/2011/03/imm-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow some really gorgeous looking books there! Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I love your In My Mail post, Sally ;) Makes me feel better that someone also buys as much books as me LOL.

    Ohhh, I haven't realized The Iron Thorn was out. That's the author's new steampunk YA series, right? Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a killer mix of paranormal and contemporary. Ahaha, and I love the blurb you wrote after the Iron Thorn.
    (And I feel guilty about leaving links in the comments, but... here's my IMM.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books, Sally! I'm jealous. I got a lot of books from NetGalley/Galley Grab too, but I forgot to include them in my haul again. I have to remember to do that one of these days -.-
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed My Soul to Lose, I hope you like it! I can't wait to see what you think of The Iron Thorn, sounds great! Enjoy all your awesome reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call Me irrisitable, just reminds me of Michael Buble lol <3


    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! We DID get a lot of the same books! Cool! I have been looking forward to Between Here and Forever for a long time so I'll be starting that one soon. I read Stay a while back and stay tuned on my blog for the review that'll be posted soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many great books! O_o
    So jealous... Would like to read Stay by Deb Caletti, too... and already pre-ordered Between Here and Forever...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books you got this week. I keep seeing The Iron Thorn everywhere I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Sally. Thanks for stopping by Starting the Next Chapter today. I like the variety of books you have in your post this week. That is a good idea you have of waiting to read The Iron King until you have the other two. If you're anything like me, you will finish it and then want to start the others. I had to make myself wait in favor of my library book stack. I hope you have a great week. Happy reading!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Iron Thorn sounds really good I hope you'll like it !

    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Iron Thorn looks awesome, and that cover is so nice! And I just requested The Girl in the Steel Corset, I can't wait to read it, it looks amazing! :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great set! I can't wait for Where She Went. I can't believe it took me so long to figure out it was on Netgalley.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also want to read The Iron Thorn - looks great!

    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some great reads here, your list looks like mine....looooong! enjoy!

    Between the Bookcovers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm also coveting the Iron Thorn. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heck of an IMM! I really look forward to your reviews of The Iron Thorn (I've been wanting that one for quite a while too!) as well as The Steel Corset and Wrapped.

    http://www.alisoncanread.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-33.html?showComment=1301266928197#c1929722375299612666

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha! That's embarrassing...I posted the wrong link...My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHERE SHE WENT has shown up everywhere lately! I absolutely cannot wait to read it. =) THE WHITE QUEEN is interesting. I didn't think it was as good as THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL, but...interesting. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Red Glove? SO jealous! I can't wait for it :P. The Iron Thorn looks great too - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many good books! I saw Where She Went but if I don't get accepted it's ok because I'm definitely buying it. Red Glove-awesome! I'm waiting for Iron Thorn at the library, missed it the first time xP
    My Soul to Lose is a nice set up for the first book since what happens is mentioned briefly and you see more into Kaylee's 'ability'.
    You've got lots of good stuff to read, enjoy :]

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been really wanting The Iron Thorn as well, but I haven't caved yet I will eventually

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm interested to see what you think about The Iron Thorn. I think I need to read a few reviews before I give in a buy a copy. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Tons of book this week for you, huh? That's great!

    Iron Thorn has totally been calling to me too. I need it! :)

    What is the S&S galley grb? Is that like netgalley? Just curious.

    Great week!


    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Jennifer
    http://littleshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips, she's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome awesome haul this week! I just bought The Iron Thorn a few weeks ago but haven't gotten to it yet. And I'm really looking forward to Between Here and Forever, so I can't wait to see what you think of it! You're in a for a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Iron Thorn looks like a really good book. I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews on theses books :) Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great stack of books! Zen & Xander Undone is on my wishlist. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for commenting (:

    Lots of great books this week! I really want to read Between Here and Forever and The Summer of Firsts and Lasts. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Iron Thorn looks good. I have it too but haven't start it yet! Hope you like it!

    Thanks for visiting my mailbox!
    Yiota @ Splash of our Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looking forward to your thoughts on Undone. And I thought Stay was really good.

    Enjoy Sally.

    ReplyDelete