Tuesday 8 March 2011

Review: City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

Sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is an ordinary teenager, who likes hanging out in Brooklyn with her friends. But everything changes the night she witnesses a murder, committed by a group of teens armed with medieval weaponry. The murderous group are Shadowhunters, secret warriors dedicated to driving demons out of this dimension and back into their own. Drawn inexorably into a terrifying world, Clary slowly begins to learn the truth about her family - and the battle for the fate of the world.


Man alive this book was exciting, it was just one violent action sequence after the other and I loved it. I don't know why it took me so long to start this series but I am so glad I finally did. I got way to into it - talking to the characters as though they could really hear me telling them to do this and not to that.


When I first started reading it reminded me a little of Harry Potter, and seeing as I love Harry Potter this was a good thing, but it soon morphed into it's own brand of awesomeness.


The whole other world Cassandra Clare has created had a very adult urban fantasy feel to it just with teen aged characters, this was a part of why I liked it so much. The world was so complex and deep that it really felt real to me. Jace had to be my favourite character he was very funny and very flawed and I like that. All of Cassandra Clare's characters were very well written. They made me want to cry sometimes, I really felt for them.

I figured out most of the plot twists (except for one - totally blindsided me) that happened but that was OK I imagine there are still a few more headed my way in the next two books (or should I say three).

I immediately dived into the next book, City of Ashes, so look out for a review of that soon.
And if you are like me and have been putting off reading these books - don't. Read them right now you won't be sorry.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it that much !! I want to re read it even more now =) !! I hope you're enjoying City of Ashes so far ( I don't know if you've startet yet ..) !!
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete