Tuesday 22 March 2011

Teaser Tuesday 11

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading
Open it up to a random page
Share two Teaser sentences
Give the name and author of said book
And remember No Spoilers!

I am currently reading The Two Pearls of Wisdom by Alison Goodman. This book seems to have about 65 different titles but it is most widely know as Eon. The sequel, Eona, is due out next month so I wanted to read the first before then.

"The wait for Ryko had settled into my muscles like a cramp, forcing me to pace my room to ease the tension. Twice I thought I heard his rap on the shutter only to find the garden outside my window still and shadowy in the warm night air."

Page 209.

In a world of lies, the truth can be deadly …

Under the harsh regime of an ambitious master, Eon is training to become a Dragoneye – a powerful Lord able to command wind and water to protect the land. But Eon also harbours a desperate secret – he is in fact a young woman living a dangerous masquerade that, if discovered, will mean certain death.

Brought to the attention of the Emperor himself and summoned to the opulent court, Eon is thrust into the heart of a lethal struggle for the Imperial throne. In this new, treacherous world of hidden identities and uneasy alliances, Eon comes face-to-face with a vicious enemy who covets the young Dragoneye’s astounding power, and will stop at nothing to make it his own.

Eon is based on the ancient lores of Chinese astrology and Feng Shui. It is a thrilling, timeless novel of deadly politics, sexual intrigue and dazzling swordplay set in a brilliantly envisioned world …

That's all for now.

20 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book.

    Great teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book! I can't wait for the sequel.

    Here's my teaser from On Writing by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book! With a different setting, too. I haven't heard of it. Thanks! And here I am just jumping into a book about weddings and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! You can find mine at The Bookish Snob Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ones with a well developed setting. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cover and the teaser was a good pick, too!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following, let's connect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) So far Breathe My Name is really good, but I haven't gotten very far into it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! It sounds like a very interesting book.

    Thanks for stopping by Starting the Next Chapter today. I have added your blog to those I am following. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this but sounds good! This went to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, great teaser! Perfect visuals! The story sounds wonderful as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser choice, as always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good teaser. I've definitely felt like that before. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun with your book. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my TT =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an interesting book. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. http://booktwirps.com/teaser-tuesday/teaser-tuesday-march-22/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! This book looks really interesting.

    Old follower
    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for visiting, and enjoy the rest of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant teaser! This book looks really great!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier: I probably should have read it when I was younger, too!

    Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one sounds really good, I hadn't heard of it so thanks for posting it!!!

    ReplyDelete