Tuesday 5 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday 13


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading.
Open it up to a random page.
Share two teaser sentences.
Give the name and author of said book.
And remember No Spoilers!

April is netGalley month so I am trying to read only books I have received from netgalley I'll probably make a few exceptions here and there but I am going to try at stick to it. I am reading two netGalley books at the moment The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn and Die For Me by Amy Plum. Today's teaser comes from Die For Me.

"I halfheartedly glanced around before looking back down at the page, but did a double take when I noticed someone staring at me from across the terrace. And the world around me froze when our eyes met."

3% or Location 111 on my kindle.

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

That's all for now.

35 comments:

  1. This is a delicious teaser! The cover is beautiful too. Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I just finished reading this last week, and it was awesome!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, I haven't read the book but it's on my wishlist.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great Tuesday!

    Bookgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh creepy! I like it. This is on my to-read list. Thanks for checking mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a couple of NetGalleys to read too, whats this month about? Can I join in too?
    (It won't be exclusively NG books, but I can do a majority..)

    My teaser is the latest fantasy novel by Elizabeth Moon from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally
    I have galleys of both Stay and Die for Me. It's only just that my license for Stay runs out first. So, Die for Me is up next and your teaser really makes me itch for it :P
    Nickey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I read this one on NetGalley a little while ago. My review won't be up til its closer to the release date though! Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love that teaser and I can't wait to read that book! It looks lovely. :-) Thank you for stopping by. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this from NG, and have 2 books in front of it.. this teaser is killing me! haha Great pick!

    Here's my Teaser:
    http://www.violethourbr.com/2011/04/teaser-tune-in-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comment! Great teaser, I got this from NG too and I can't wait to read it! Followed and Happy 3 Month Blogoversary! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Teaser. What a coincidence we have teasers from the same book.
    I am certainly enjoying this book, I hope you ate to!
    And, thnx for stopping by my blog!

    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog. I loved this book! Such an awesome new series. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cover and your teaser are great! I wish I had the willpower to stick to my reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm reading the same book, now i'm excited to get to the good parts. I just started the book :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the teaser! I think this is on my netgalley list too…I need to get crackin...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Did she find the one? Great teaser!

    http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, great teaser. I love the sound of this book. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chilling! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great teaser! I love the cover of this book and your teaser creates a very mysterious air about this book. You know I have to check it out....

    Thanks for dropping by...

    MIchelle from Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so want this now! The cover is to DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo friend, foe, or interested party?

    Here is my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very intriguing! I have this on my wishlist and am looking forward to reading when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great teaser! I hadn't heard of this one, but I'll definitely have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by Sinnful Books! Don't worry, I'll never give up on Kelley Armstrong ^_~

    Btw, new follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is definitely in my wishlist! it your teaser is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your teaser is a real tease. :)) I wonder who that someone is...

    Che @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great teaser - and I love the book cover, it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great teaser I can't wait to read this one.

    I'm a new follower. I love finding other great book bloggers to read.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sally, great teaser! I loooove this new cover they made for the book, it's stunning. Hope you're enjoying it (:

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog!
    Celine
    Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  31. Does that mean he gave her a chilling look? Or maybe he was shocked a bookworm could be so captivating.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooo very nice teaser and that cover is gorgeous. I'll have to check back to read your review once you're done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That cover is so beautiful! Thanks for an awesome teaser too. :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete