Tuesday 12 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday 14


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading.
Open it up to a random page.
Share two teaser sentences.
Give the name and author of said book.
And remember No Spoilers!


I finished To Marry A Prince by Sophie Page late last night and I really loved it so I thought I would take my teaser from there today.

It was Lottie who said wisely, 'You don't want the first thing you do as Richard's acknowledged girlfriend to be a head-to-head standoff with his mother. Quite apart from the fact that she's Queen of England, the mother of every son in the world would hate you for that.'

Page 203.

One night is about to change Bella’s life for ever…

Bella Greenwood isn’t a fairytale girl. If pushed, she’d probably tell you that her perfect wedding would involve a handful of close friends and family. But as she’s never met anyone she’d like to marry, it’s a moot point.

Until, in a midnight garden, Bella is helped out of an embarrassing situation by a tall, dark, handsome man with laughing eyes. And suddenly her life changes for ever, because the man is the world’s most eligible bachelor: Prince Richard, heir to the throne.

Richard sweeps her off her feet, and before she knows it they’re engaged. Which is when Bella’s problems really begin. Suddenly she is public property, and as if it isn’t enough to have her every move watched – while also learning to curtsy and negotiating the etiquette of how to address her future mother-in-law – she soon finds herself embroiled in bridesmaid politics, a right royal hen night, and a wedding dress controversy that causes a national scandal…

Can this ordinary girl survive the preparations for her very own Royal Wedding?


I am massively behind on my reviews I have about 10 started but not finished I would like to blame this cold I have had for over a week now but it hasn't slowed my reading down any so I think I'm just useless. Tomorrow for sure I am going to get a few done.

That's all for now.

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent teaser and beautiful cover. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-kitchen-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome teaser, but I love that dress even more! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, but there's something about that image for the cover that just bugs me...to simple I guess.

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover and great teaser! I'm behind on my reviews as well, hope you feel better and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I don't think I'd try to take on the Queen of England.

    - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, and I love the dress on the cover! *new follower*
    You can find my teaser at: http://booksavvybabe.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that book sounds like one I may have to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cover and great teaser.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, excellent teaser, I'm definitely adding this to my TBR pile. Great pick!

    I am also behind in writing my reviews. I have six I need to do, soon to be seven when I finish Falling Under tonight. Good luck to both of us, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sally,
    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Your teaser sounds adorable! :)

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey thanks for stoppin by my blog, this is a good teaser. You should def read shade its a love triangle like no other haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a very interesting romance. Great teaser. Great blurb, too. LOL

    Mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/teaser-tuesday-the-winds-of-khalakovo/

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds timely what with the Royal wedding and all. Thanks for stopping by today. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a great book, and the cover is beautiful! Thanks for stoppping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel better soon! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book sounds like a fairy tale romance with lots of realism thrown in. Beautiful dress on the cover.

    My group's teasers are here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cover! Sounds like an interesting book ;)

    Thanks for visiting. In response to your comment, read COFA now. There is no way you can wait a couple years!!

    Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comment! That books sounds really good. Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh wow! this is the first time i see this book and i love the cover AND the premise. i have to check this out at our local bookstore. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for visiting! Oh this sounds like something out of a Chicklit movie! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha- it's easier to read when you're sick than to write reviews! get well soon, and good teaser there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute teaser and so true! Glad you enjoyed this one and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh...love the cover and sounds great. Sigh...my TBR pile is groaning with all the extra weight these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like the cover and the sound of the teaser.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great teaser and the book cover is fantastic! Sounds like I will have to add it to my wishlist.
    My teaser is from HAVEN

    ReplyDelete