Tuesday 26 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday 16


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading.
Open it up to a random page.
Share two teaser sentences.
Give the name and author of said book.
And remember No Spoilers!

I am currently reading Uncertain Allies by Mark Del Franco. It is book five in the Connor Grey series, one of my all time favourite urban fantasy series.

"An pale waft of essence welled in the air, and Uno, the large black dog I had told Murdock about, materialized on the couch. He had a true name, as all things do, but neither Shay nor I knew it."

Page 121.

After a night of riots and fires, the Boston neighborhood known as the Weird is in ruins. And when a body is found drained of its essence, ex- Guild investigator Connor Grey is drawn into the case against his will. And he has reason to be wary. Because the case will lead to an explosive secret that threatens to tear apart the city-and the world.

That's all for now.

20 comments:

  1. Nice teaser, and it sounds like an interesting series... one I might need to check out. :)

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a bit of urban fantasy but haven't heard of this series before.


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I want to read this now, I haven't read any Urban fantasy in a while :)

    Jules

    Mine is from The making of us by Lisa Jewell

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice teaser....

    heres mine
    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-teaser_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound tempting...hope you're enjoying it.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a bit creepy. I hope you enjoy(ed) it!
    My teaser: Water for Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers! Sounds like a good book.
    My teaser is from HAVEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! for sharing this teaser.

    Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! You'll have to definitely read The Iron Fey series, I'm almost done with the second book and absolutely love the series so far!

    Amanda
    http://www.lettersinsideout.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I like this one! :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  11. A magic dog? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday from Fallen by Lauren Kate. Happy Reading!!! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this series before I will have to check it out! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Of course dogs have true names ^_~ Nice teaser! I'll have to take a look at the book on Amazon. It has definitely piqued my interest ^_^

    If you're interested, I just put up a review for Darkfever.

    New follower ^_^

    Sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of the series, but your teaser sounds good! I hope you enjoy it!

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting Teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good teaser, I need to read this book now.
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete