Saturday 16 April 2011

In My Mailbox 15


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

My fifteenth IMM post - here we go.

Books I received this week.

In The Post:

The Year Nick McGowan Came to Stay - Rebecca Sparrow
Read it. Loved it enough to buy another of her books.

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
So I have had this book since Monday and have felt no overwhelming urge to read it which means I am going to wait a couple of years for the other two books to come out. I did it with the first trilogy I can do it with the second. It makes it easier knowing that CoFA ends with a cliff hanger - I really don't want to get in to all of that without having the next book to read.
Link
The Summer of You - Kate Noble

Party - Tom Leveen

Chasing Fire - Nora Roberts
I looove Nora Roberts book sooooo much. This one was pretty great.

Side Jobs - Jim Butcher
Finally!!! I can now read the short story that takes place straight after Changes in preparation for Ghost Story which can't come out soon enough. Oh how I love Harry Dresden.

The Girl Most Likely
- Rebecca Sparrow

At The Shops:

Fallen - Lauren Kate
Torment - Lauren Kate
Wanted to get these books for ages and when I saw them in Waterstones I couldn't resist. I am not going to read them until just before Passion comes out.

The Lost Guide to Life and Love - Sharon Griffiths

Unholy Magic - Stacia Kane
Second book in the series - really must get the first.

The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber
The BBC have just made it into a TV show figured I would check out the book.

Kindle:

True North
- Marie Force

Everyone Loves A Hero: ...and that's the problem
- Marie Force

The Trouble With J.J. - Tami Hoag
I loved Tami Hoag's books back when I was younger. This is one of the ones I haven't read yet.

Saving Grace - Norah Wilson

The Marriage Bed - Laura Lee Guhrke

Almost Perfect - Julie Ortolon

Too Perfect - Julie Ortolon

13 Little Blue Envelopes
- Maureen Johnson
Free on amazon.co.uk

Netgalley:

Wherever You Go - Heather Davis
The Magnolia League - Katie Crouch
Putting Makeup on Dead People - Jen Violi
Queen of the Dead - Stacey Kade
The Near Witch - Victoria Schwab
Phoenix Rising - Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris
I requested all of these ages ago and they finally came through. I am not going to request anymore until I have cleared some of the backlog (really I'm not).

Seriously 26 books!!! What is wrong with me. I would have to quit my job to keep up with all the books I buy (although that doesn't seem like a bad idea). I am officially cutting back (that book I ordered earlier doesn't count - it was before I realised the depth my crazy had reached). I don't think getting a kindle was a good idea because my brain doesn't seem to realise that just because I can't hold the book in my hand doesn't mean it didn't cost money. Stupid amazon one-click rubbish.

That's all for now.

34 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about kindle and netgalley! It's so easy to pick up new books and because you can't physically see them doesn't mean they aren't there! :)

    Oh, I adore the Dresden files as well...can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's alot of books! I have quite a few to read too- but I can't afford to buy any new ones for a few weeks aha. I admire your restraint in keeping CoFA too! wow; I could not have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude that's a lot! Like the UK cover for Satcia Kane's book! They're different than the US, but still have a nice ghostly kind of quality to them!

    My IMM goes up tomorrow! Be sure to stop by!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Torment too, as part of the Buy One Get One for a Pound but I got I Am Number Four with it as I already have Fallen. ^^

    My IMM (vlog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torment and City of Fallen Angels!!!!
    I want them so bad <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have amazing willpower - waiting for the next two books to come out before reading CoFA? I'd die! Wow. But great books this week - I really want to read Torment, and Party looks interesting! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have LOTS of great books! Sometimes I'm glad when I catch onto a series late, so I can just go get the next book(s). lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Fallen and Torment but now I'm anxiously waiting for Passion. Good idea waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I've wanted to read Fallen and Torment, but I've heard some so-so things about them. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- so many books! I thought Torment was better than Fallen. Sometimes it is a good idea to wait and read a series all the way through. I have so many series started where I am waiting for the next one to come out- and then I can't remember who was who!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've certainly had an amazing week. So many books - I'm getting jealous. ;-) Hope you can enjoy them soon. I hate not having enough time to read, when there's still so much I want to read.

    Carina

    In my mailbox...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome mailbox as well! Esp. City of Fallen Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 26 books! You'll have fun trying to tackle all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mailbox this week! I loved The Year Nick McGowan Came to Stay, but I haven't read any of her other books, so I'll have to check them out. Fallen was just okay for me. The first 3/4 of the book bored me, but then the end was really good. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!
    That is a lot of books, what an amazing week for you and some amazing books. Enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so many awesome books!! the only one i've read is fallen. hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rebecca Sparrow looks like a really good author. And, yes, agree on the Kindle one-click. Yikes! I have spent way too much in that way too. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a Great IMM! 26 books? WOW! I could never do that! I don't know where I would find the time to read them all! :)


    Here's mine. :)
    Aryelle @ ReadingwiththeFishes

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is crazy, 26 books! I had a week like that 2 weeks ago and didn't post about it. I felt kind of guilty getting so many books because I know that it is will be a long time until I get to them.

    I do the same thing with books in a series. I have to wait until at least 2 books are out. I did that with The Hunger Games and was happy to have the next one waiting for me as I finished them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, seems like you had a great book week! I don't feel like reading City of Fallen Angels right now either, knowing how it ends and that I have to wait so long for the next one! I'd like to see what you think of Fallen, Torment and Unholy Ghost, I've been intending to read them for a while now. How's Jim Butcher series? I've never read any of those books. And I totally understand the NetGalley requesting problem, I can't seem to be able to stop either!:))
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's really hard to control the amount of books you buy, Sally. LOL, I have you have more will power than me!!!

    I hope you enjoy Sidejobs. I'm so happy publishers have started doing novellas compilation per author. I was so bummed that Ghost Story was delayed :(

    Glad you enjoyed the NR. It was a solid story :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You got Chasing Fire??? I'm so jealous! Summer of You was an OK read for me. Fallen has been on my wishlist forever! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for commenting! I have loads of books from NetGalley that I need to read too... :L And I hope you enjoy Fallen and Torment, Fallen was OK, but Torment was awesome! :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just went and bought Fallen like an hour ago!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great week !! I can't wait to start reading City of Fallen Angels =) !!
    I love the covers of Fallen and Torment but I didn't really like the books .. which is too bad =( !! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great IMM! I see COFA. :DD And Fallen and Torment. Hm... let's just say, don't judge a book by its cover. :/

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great haul! I loved both Fallen and Torment, but it seems to be one of those series that people either love or they hate LOL. I love the cover of Nick McGowen! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many books! I say the same thing about NetGalley. Just started reading Magnolia League today, looking good so far. Enjoy them all!
    Our Mailbox is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic batch of books Sally! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! What a fantastic haul. Hope you get around to reviewing all of them. You scored some really great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous book haul! I think I'm in love with all of them lol. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. so many books!!! they all look great

    check out our mailbox too:
    http://splashofourworlds.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great list. Enjoy all the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that IS a load! Nice^^

    I got CoFA, too, and a German reading copy of Fallen. And The Near Witch of course, best book I had this year so far^^
    But YOU got The Magnolia League - I really wanted that one but my request got declined - so yeah jealousy!!! lol

    Nickey

    ReplyDelete