Wednesday 20 April 2011

Review: The Wreck - Marie Force


The Wreck by Marie Force.

Carly Holbrook and Brian Westbury are weeks away from their high school graduation. The young couple plans to marry before they head to college, and their future seems bright with promise. Everything changes one spring night when their six closest friends, including Brian's younger brother, are killed in a fiery car accident that Carly and Brian witness. The trauma leaves Carly unable to speak, and Brian is forced to make unimaginable decisions about a future that once seemed so certain. With Carly incapable of going forward with their plans, Brian leaves home-and Carly-for good. Fifteen years later, disturbing new clues indicate the accident that wrecked so many lives wasn't an accident at all, bringing Brian home to face a past—and a love—he's never forgotten.

Marie Force is a new to me author this year. I have read four of her books so far including this one and they are fast becoming must reads for me. She writes a great mix of romance and suspense.

Her characters in this particular book were very well written and had a lot of depth to them. The main characters Carly and Brian they were so cute together. I loved how we go to see them together as teens and then have them come together again as adults.

I figured out who the criminal fairly early on in the book but I like to think it's because I'm pretty good at picking these things up not because the author made it totally obvious. But knowing who did it in no way ruined the book for me, in fact I prefer to know so I can make note of what the character is doing throughout the book and to pick up any clues the author gives you.

I read this book in one sitting I was that invested I just had to know how in was all going to turn out. There was one big twist that I didn't see coming, in fact it totally blindsided me and to be honest I could have done without it because I really didn't like the way it was handled. I am not a fan of keeping such huge secrets from people - can't say more than that or it will ruin the book.

Anyway I just recently bought two more of Marie Force's books and I can't wait to get started on them.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading the Kindle sample of True North by Marie Force and immediately put it on my wishlist. This sounds like another good book.

    ReplyDelete