Friday 7 January 2011

What Happens In London - Julia Quinn


This is the second book in Julia Quinn's Bevelstoke Series and again a re-read for me (I told you in the first post I love to re-read). This book is the story of Lady Olivia Bevelstoke (the sister of the hero in The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever) and Sir Harry Valentine.


Harry and Olivia are neighbours, which is basically how they come to meet, Olivia spys on him through her window which looks in to Harry's study. Harry catches her and calls her it when eventually meet. They get to know each other through subsequent quirky meetings.

I like this book better than the first mostly because while at first Olivia and Harry disliked it each other, they soon came quickly to the conclusion that they love each other which makes it easier on the reader to root for them rather than be annoyed that they can't get their act together. The tension throughout the book was created by a third character - a Russian Prince and the mystery surrounding him. But most importantly this book was funny, serious books are just fine but sometimes you just want a book that makes you smile and this one does just that.

The third book in this series is called Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn and centers on Sebastian Grey the best friend of Harry Valentine. I hope to read this book sometime soon but I want to read my first book in the Debut Author Challenge which will be Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.

What Happens In London is recommended to those who liked the first book in this series and to all historical romance lovers.

I am spending a little more time on my review of I, Emma Freke as I am sending it the publisher, through netgalley, as well as posting it here. But hopefully I should have it up soon.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment