Saturday 15 January 2011

The Search - Nora Roberts


The Search by Nora Roberts is yet another re-read for me this year. I don't know why I am so keen to re-read so much at the moment but I do love it, but I'm sure I will get to some new books soon.

Nora Roberts is one of my all time favourite authors I am such a sucker for a nice romantic happy ending. Whenever I am in need of a good comfort read I pull out a Nora Roberts book. (I love the Eve and Roarke In Death books too which she writes as J.D. Robb.)

So as I said before this is the second time I have read this Nora Roberts book and I can't say it's my favourite but it does have it's own appeal.

The Search is about Fiona Bristow, a young woman who lives on an island on the coast of Washington State. She trains Search and Rescue dogs and has her own Search and Rescue team. Fiona is the sole survivor of a serial killer who is now in prison partly due to her actions in getting away from him. However from prison the serial killer she helped put away has groomed an apprentice who is now coming after her. Added to all this there is a new man in her life carpenter/artist Simon Doyle.

I didn't love this book like I have some of her others but it was very good. Nora Roberts books are so easy to read, she writes such great characters that you can't help wanting to know what happens to them. And while the whole ensemble cast is great Simon Doyle is the stand out character in the book, he is so blunt and rude that you can't help but love him. However some of the dialogue the author uses in the book is quite jarring, not very realistic at all. It almost pulls you out if the story but it only happens a couple of times so it's not really a big problem.

One of the greatest things about this book though is the dogs, I love dogs and I love books that include dogs and I found the whole Search and Rescue angle very interesting. It's good to know teams like that exist in the world. If only my dogs (two very big but very cute German Shepards) were as well trained as the dogs in this book.

If you are looking for an engaging, entertaining read this is the book for you. In fact a highly recommend any books by Nora Roberts in particular The Villa, Blue Smoke, Northern Lights and her In the Garden trilogy.

On a side note I had to go do my Emergency First Aid training course for work today so again not much time for reading. I did manage to finish The Search and write a quick review and I have also been working on my In My Mailbox for this week which I will post tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to read next. I will either go back to Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead, start another of my netgalley books or start And One Last Thing... by Molly Harper. I can't decide, I will figure it out tomorrow after work.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry you didn't love this book :) I thought it was pretty good. Not her best, true, but very good still :D and yes, NR writes the grumpy, rude heroes so well!!

    Funny about your recs, because those are not the ones I usually recommend LOL. I usually go with Angel Falls, Homeport and the Chesapeake quartet :P

    ReplyDelete