Monday 3 January 2011

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever - Julia Quinn


This is a re-read for 2011. I first read this book back in 2007 and I must have liked it seeing as I have just read it for I think the 3rd time. I have a paperback copy but just having got a Kindle for Christmas I couldn't resist getting this and What Happens In London in ebook format. I want to read Ten Things I Love About You the 3rd book in the Bevelstoke series by Julia Quinn and I thought I would refresh my memory by reading the first two books.

Now that I have explained how I came to be re-reading it, on to the review. This is my very first review (not counting the book review I did for Matilda but that was back when I was in primary school) so you will have to bear with me I may not get off to a great start.

I will start by saying that I love this book, it's sweet, funny and every girls dream to fall in love with her best friends older brother. And have him fall in love with you back of course.

The premise is pretty simple. We have our heroine Miranda and our hero Turner and this is the story of how they fall in love. Miranda is 9 years younger than Turner and he has previously been married. The marriage was pretty terrible and Turner has a lot of bitterness to overcome over the course of the book. Miranda helps him do this. I love almost all of this book it's funny in some places romantic in others and it flows along quite naturally. The only problem I had with it was Miranda's reaction to Turners inability to say I love you. She would not accept that he loved her unless she heard those three little words, despite all of his many actions that to me proved he did. It was all resolved in the end though (it's a romance novel a HEA is a guarantee) and the mention of Miranda's diaries at the end finished the book off quite nicely.

All in all I would recommend The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever to anyone who likes light, fun historical romance.



So that's it my first review. Probably not great but hopefully I will be writing more and they will only get better.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment