Saturday 5 February 2011

In My Mailbox 5


In My Mailbox is weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

My fifth IMM post - here we go.

Books I received this week.

In The Post:

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance - Emily Frankin and Brendan Halpin
Loved it. Reviews already up.

Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
Loved it. Reviews already up.

Archangel's Kiss - Nalini Singh
Second book in the Guild Hunter series. Just waiting on the third then I might start reading them.

Ordered this ages ago and it's finally here. Sounds like a cute story, looking forward to reading it.

Flash Burnout - L.K. Madigon
This has been on my wishlist for ages and when I read about the campaign on the blogosphere I decided to buy it now.

Deadly Fear - Cynthia Eden
Currently reading. Good so far.

Extreme Exposure - Pamela Clare
Hard Evidence - Pamela Clare
Unlawful Contact - Pamela Clare
Naked Edge - Pamela Clare
Edge of Sight - Roxanne St. Claire
I read a mix of YA and adult books, last year I had a thing for historical romance but this year I have been really wanting to read some contemporary romantic suspense hence the above six purchases. I was browsing the amazon.com forums and these were the books that were recommended.

Moonlight Mile - Dennis Lehane
If you haven't read Dennis Lehane's Kenzie and Gennaro books I cannot recommend them enough. They are about two private investigators, the books are pretty grim and gritty but soooo good. There are five previous books in the series the last of which was published over 12 years ago so there has been a long wait for this latest instalment. I am really looking forward to reading it but I am trying to decide whether to re-read the first five books before I read Moonlight Mile because it has been such a long time since I read them.

Kindle:

The Locket - Stacey Jay
I have read Stacey Jay's first book and I have another of hers that I haven't read yet but this one sounded interesting, time travel, so I had to get it.

A Posse of Princesses - Sherwood Smith
Another of my favourite Sherwood Smith books with an extra chapter in kindle form. How could I resist.

Magyk: Septimus Heap Book One - Angie Sage
Free on amazon.co.uk. I have the whole series in real book form but it's good to have it on my kindle to.

NetGalley:

My Favourite Band Does Not Exist - Robert T. Jeschonek

Dangerous Secrets - Kate Reus
I love NetGalley! But I really have to start reading all the books I have gotten from them. I have only read two so far. Bad Sally.

Went a little crazy this week which I promised myself I wouldn't do. Time to limit my book buying again.

That's all for now.

13 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. Flash Burnout looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's a lot of books :)

    Hope you enjoy the NS books, whenever you start them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limit book buying? No!

    But Wow! That is a ton of awesome books. I've heard good things about Pamela Clare, and My Boyfriends Dogs does sound good. Gonna go check out what My Favorite Band does Not Exist is about.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really surprised to see MAGYK was free on Kindle this past week, it's a great deal on a pretty good series.

    You can't possibly be waiting to start the Guild Hunters series! Start reading it right now, it's great! :)

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog! You've got sooo many awesome books this week! I Can't wait to hear what you think!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Flash Burnout! I have My Favorite Band Does not Exist from Netgalley, too, but haven't read it yet. I'm also horrible about digital book hoarding. Need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love NetGalley, though I have a habit of downloading a whole bunch of books and then forgetting about them when I get other hard copies for review in the mail. Lol.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I've been so excited for The Locket! I hope you enjoy -- can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy!! I've been rather scarce in the blogging world lately, so this is my first visit here (came via Nath's blog) You really scored when you got so many of Pamela Clare's books. She writes wonderful stories - both her romantic suspense and her historicals. She's probably one of my all time top authors along with a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mailbox !! I look forward to know what you thought of Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance because it seems great !! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Pamela Clare's historical romances set in early America, especially the Rangers series. Looks like we have some common reading interests! I'm you newest follower :) Here's my Mailbox post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to read Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance! Looks soooo cute!

    Taming the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete