Thursday 3 February 2011

Booking Through Thursday 4


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme which asks a bookish question which you have to answer.

This weeks question is:

I am paraphrasing from a friend’s Facebook wall her question:

“How would a teen-age boy who is going to work with his hands ever use Literature of England in his work?”

The age-old “How am I going to use this in real life?” question. How would you answer it?


This is a bit of a strange question and I could probably answer it the way everyone else has done, you know basic life skills, education, knowledge, etc. But I don't want to. I am going going to answer it as it applies to me. What do I get out of reading and how do I use it in real life.

The most important thing I get out of reading is imagination. My parents say I have always had an over-active imagination and that most of the time I live in my own world. I like to think that I get that from books. Books allow me to really escape, meet totally new people and visit totally different worlds. And because books allow me to experience these new things in writing it's much easier to cope with these things in real life. I wouldn't change the years I have spent reading for anything. I couldn't think of a better way to have spent the first 26 years of my life.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I am a great believer in reading for pleasure as well as in work. my answer is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what to answer to this question because to me reading and books *are* real life. I really like your answer.

    ReplyDelete