Tuesday 2 August 2011

Teaser Tuesday 30

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

The idea is to:
Grab the book you are currently reading.
Open it up to a random page.
Share two teaser sentences.
Give the name and author of said book.
And remember No Spoilers!

I can't believe I'm finally reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher - it's been such a long wait! I have loved every single book in the Dresden Files series and I'm hoping this one will be no exception. Here's the teaser:

"The living were all kissing hardwood floor as I plunged into the wall of the house. I wasn't worried about the wards keeping me in-no one ever designed their wards so that bad things couldn't leave, only so that they couldn't enter."

Page 104.

Meet Harry Dresden, Chicago's first (and only) Wizard PI. Turns out the 'everyday' world is full of strange and magical things - and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. But he's forgotten his own golden rule: magic - it can get a guy killed. Which didn't help when he clashed with unknown assailants with his murder in mind. And though Harry's continued existence is now in some doubt, this doesn't mean he can rest in peace. Trapped in a realm that's not quite here, yet not quite anywhere else, Harry learns that three of his loved ones are in danger. Only by discovering his assailant's identity can he save his friends, bring criminal elements to justice, and move on himself. It would just be easier if he knew who was at risk. And had a (working) crystal ball. And access to magic. Instead, he is unable to interact with the physical world - invisible to all but a select magical few. He's also not the only silent presence roaming Chicago's alleys. Hell, he put some there himself. Now, they're looking for payback.

Also be sure to enter my six month blogoversary giveaway to win the book of your choice from The Book Depository. All the info here.

That's all for now.

31 comments:

  1. Your teaser is intriguing...
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday:
    http://books4juliet.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! I didn't realize the next Dresden book was out... LOVE this series! :) Now I've got to get my hands on a copy....

    Here's my Teaser from Deep Deception! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet read anything by Jim Butcher but have a few of his books on my pile.

    My TT, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds definitely think alike, LMAO!!

    Here's mine:)

    http://renthompsonishere.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-ghost-story-by-jim.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Haven't read any Jim Butcher, never felt appealed to read his work, but might try someday! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool teaser! I started this series a while back but didn't continue. Maybe its time I picked it up again :D
    Amy's Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wizard PI? This is new to me but sounds intriguing.
    My teaser is here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrilling teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. An intriguing teaser. Am not familiar with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice of teaser! I'm reading Ghost Story this week too. I love it so far. Dresden never disappoints me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! My teaser this week is also from Ghost Story! Great minds, right?!

    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-ghost-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds great! Need to put it on my TBR stack!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havent read anything by him. Ghost stories freak me out. The cover is mysterious. Awesome teaser you selected.

    Cheers, MichelleKCanada
    http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this would be a series I would like, but keep forgetting about. :) Thanks for the reminder and the teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I know this series is really popular--I need to read it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds interesting! thanks for sharing :) looking forward to reading Ghost Story :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is an exciting/thrilling tease! Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I totally read this with the old PI music and voices from black and white movies! Ha, I hope that makes sense. Thanks for the visit :}

    ReplyDelete
  19. intriguing teaser!!! i've seen this book around a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The book sounds so intriguing... I'm going to add this to my list:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome teaser! I love Jim Butcher!
    My TT http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to start this series, I have the first 4 omnibuses on my shelf! Great teaser!
    Thanks for stopping by My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting my site! I'm a new follower :)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been meaning to get a copy of this book for forever, because I keep hearing good things about it and the series. Now I really need to. Great teaser!

    Check out mine if you like, from Myra McEntire's Hourglass. http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-9-hourglass-by-myra.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've heard great things about this series. I just wish it wasn't in the first person.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How true ... I'm really curious about the Dresden files ... been looking for the first book in the series to read, but without any success yet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Dresden Files too..great teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My friend's husband loves this series too and was so excited to get this novel. Thanks for the teaser and I hope you love it as much as the others!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds very interesting. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete