Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme which asks a bookish question which you have to answer. This weeks question is:
But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read? I pretty much read every spare minute I have but my favourite time to read is really late at night when it's dark and quiet and I don't have to get up early the next morning.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.) I don't eat breakfast (bad I know) I literally roll out of bed wash up and drag myself to work. However back when I was younger and had to go to bed super early and could therefore get up super early yes I did read during breakfast.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.) Again I don't really do breakfast but if I did it would would be something simple like toast - my stomach just can't handle food that early.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read? Quite a bit but really it all depends on my mood. Some days I will only read for an hour or so other days I can read nonstop for 6 or more hours.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? 10 years ago I was at college which didn't really slow down my non-school reading so I would say it's about the same.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? No I don't. Everyone else seems to think I read pretty fast but I don't really I just spend more time reading than most people.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Tough one I go back and forth between many superpowers. It used to be flying but recently it's a toss up between super speed and time travel but ask me again next week and I'll have a different answer.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go? Ha yes I try to. Either my kindle or a real life book. I got in trouble with my Dad over Christmas when he caught me trying to fit a book into my pretty small bag when we were going out to a family dinner. His question - What the hell are you doing? Me - I might get bored.
9. What KIND of book? Usually a paperback that I don't mind getting beaten up a bit as it usually does in my bag or my kindle as long as I am going to keep my bag with me. For some reason I usually take books that I've already read and want to re-read.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card? Thanks to my Mum very very young. I was reading when I was about four so I would say then. Looking back I don't remember a time when I wasn't going to the library when I was a child.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?) No clue really. I have a lot of my old childhood books like my Enid Blyton collection. And I have some early Enid Blyton books that I got from my Nan.
12. Do you read in bed? Yes it's where I do most or my reading and typing - I'm there right now actually!
13. Do you write in your books? Oh dear God no. I can't imagine anything worse. I had a huge problem even highlighting my text books when I was at University - I had to use post-its.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be? Read what YOU want to read not what everyone else thinks you should be reading.
15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!) OK I have two:
Have you ever bought a book, started reading it and then realised you have already read it? If so, how far did you get? (Can you tell this happened to me for the first time ever this week!?!)
If I said to you think of a book you've read what would be the first one that comes to mind? Now tell me why it was that book.
That's all for now.